Following the success of last year’s competitions, we are repeating the Sunflower & Pumpkin competitions and re-introducing, after a 10-year break , ‘The Photography Competition’. If you want some inspiration, all the entries for the 2014 Photography competition can be found on this page:- https://hawkinge-allotments.org.uk/2014-photo-competition/
A summary of all the competitions are as follows.
- SUNFLOWER Register before 1st May 2024
- Sunflower must be grown from seed and raised lovingly on your own plot in the ground (No pots)
- Only one sunflower per plot can be entered.
- The tallest sunflower will win, when measured on Sunday, 1st September and it must still be smiling!
- PUMPKIN Register before 1st May 2024
- Your Pumpkin must be grown from seed and raised lovingly on your own plot in the ground (No pots)
- Only one pumpkin per plot can be entered.
- The heaviest pumpkin will win when weighed on Sunday, 6th October
- PHOTOGRAPHY Register before 1st May 2024
- Four categories, all criteria & rules see link below.
- 2025 Calendar produced from the pictures.
- Results of this competition will be published on Sunday 15th September.
OTHER Competitions Best Full Plot, Best Half Plot and the Best Newcomer’s plot, as well as the visitors’ choice for their favourite plot on the Open Day. Entry for these competitions is automatic unless you advise the committee otherwise. All the winners of these will be announced on the Open Day.